Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF)

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Prophecy

I hate to be one of those people who say after something happens, "Oh, I knew it all along", But when Harriet Miers was selected for the Supreme Court by W, and she began to be critized by everyone....especially THE RIGHT, I said to a friend, See, he knew just what to do. He picked a woman that he knew even his best friends wouldn't want on the Supreme Court and she'd have to withdraw. Now he will say, "Well, I chose a woman, but those liberals and feminists didn't want her, and even some Republicans didn't want her because she just wasn't conservative enough." He'll grin his little grin. "So, now I'll just have to pick a man....and this is one is going to be so far RIGHT he'll make ALL my buddies happy."

OK. Let's see what happens. I think it was all just one more charade....with everyone playing the parts they were assigned by The Director....whoever that is.
Phyllis Y

1 Comments:

  • Phyllis,

    I was thinking that this might be the case and it fits the pattern of misdirection of this administration...

    By Blogger Thivai Abhor, at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home