Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF)

Monday, October 09, 2006

US WILPF Board Meets to Push Forward Peace & Justice Agenda

The National Board of the US Section of the WILPF met last Friday through Sunday. We struggled deeply with many issues, including passing a budget for 2007.

I'm only 28, and yet I find myself in the position of the crotchety old-timer the more board meetings I go to. When new board members suggested that we simply pledge to raise more money next year to offset our expenses, I tell them "we've been saying that every year, it's time to think realistically."

We need more members. If you're reading this blog and you're not a member, I urge you to join us. Your future, the future of your children, and the future of the world depends on it. For 91 years, the League has been at the forefront of the peace & justice movement. For us to continue in the next 91 years, it is absolutely vital that people support our work - with cold hard cash.

I know others would rather I tell you about the amazing work we're doing. And it's true - we're a fabulous, multi-issue organization. Our hands are stirring many pots for social justice and a path to peace. And I know our contribution as an organization is vital. But that's not the point. The point is that our message must reach more people - and that starts by joining us. WILPF is a membership organization and without members, we'll cease to exist. Further, as a progressive organization on the forefront of change (we've been called the most dangerous women in America; we had an ongoing dialogue with Soviet women at the height of the Cold War; we're challenging US policy on Israel / Palestine and working to preserve water as a human right), we tend to lead with actions and worry about the money later.

Well, I'm worrying about the money now. So join. Or donate. (and in the memo line, say that C.J. sent you via the blog)

4 Comments:

  • Thank you, C.J., for this outstanding post. (Of course, all of your posts are excellent!) I could not agree more! We must deal directly with money if we are to continue as a MEMBERSHIP organization.

    I am a pledging member of WILPF, which means that a small amount is debited from my credit card every month. This small amount each month is not difficult for me financially, I end up paying more than my regular dues would be for a year (which helps WILPF dramatically), and I don't have to worry about renewing my membership every year.

    I urge everyone to consider this easy option for supporting WILPF. Go to http://www.wilpf.org/docs/pledge.html for more information and to sign up.

    Thank you again, C.J. Keep up the marvelous, important work!

    Yours in peace,
    Jennifer Pitino

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM  

  • Women looking in digs of men USA.Bona fide People.

    [url=http://womenformenusa.blogspot.com][img]http://www.dateprettygirl.com/img/525.jpg [/img][/url]

    I've usually loved getting fucked from behind. To be able to get on all fours and curve over while a gink crams his significant oily cock in your pussy or ass (although I haven't in effect had my virgin ass punctured on dick...at least not despite it) is lawful such a use on for me. I solely rat him that I want it from the rear. After I do the most-erotic peel pester in head of my cam, I bend greater than, peel off my panties and then tell him that I'm friendly for the purpose his cock.
    Be disclosed on more in the this point in time mood: [url=http://adultusadating.dateprettygirl.com/ads-adult-dating.html]ads adult dating[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 AM  

  • Maybe memebers have thoughts what are real benefits of buying ready made affiliate websites? yesterday I'm considering to purchase one? Can anyone suggest some great forum to read any more reviews or thoughts which site can give you large profit? For example this website
    [url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Turnkey-Affiliate-Websites.html]affiliate websites[/url] - owner claims that he had amazing good success using these affiliate marketing websites. He claims that he makes profits thousands of cash every month with these websites. sorry for offtopic.
    that is website I 'm talking
    http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Turnkey-Affiliate-Websites.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

  • Hi,

    I just came across to wilpf.blogspot.com from bing and I find wilpf.blogspot.com very interesting.
    I hope, i can make lot's of new friend here :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home